Home & School Meeting:
December 15, 2010
*Special meeting for a vote only*
Attendance: Mr. Montgomery, all board members, Shana Wing, Jennifer Miller, Michelle Covey, Melissa Frieden, Jessica Rose, Jenny Foster-Farquhar, Rob Johnson, Kristina Egan, Margaret Klosterman, Jessica Rose, Samantha Glover, and Father Wayne.
Opening prayer: by Mr. Montgomery.
Mr. Montgomery had a few things to talk about before Father Wayne joined the meeting.
• He reminded everyone that Friday is a jeans day from the Dillon’s/Scrip.
• The children will get an additional jeans day in January due to the free throw he made at the Kaupan game. That day will be January 14th.
• Christmas parties can begin at 11:15 Tuesday December 21st.
• New lunch policy will be in effect in January. Sack lunches from home may be brought in or a school lunch may be purchased. No outside food (fast food) can be brought in. During Catholic Schools Week, Mrs. Gutierrez may be providing some type of sack lunch that is already put together.
• No 5th grade teacher has been hired yet. The goal is to have someone by the end of 2nd semester.
Father Wayne: Building a new school was a risk but economic downtime made it a good time to build. The income is not coming in as hoped. He would like home and school to reconsider the current amount given to the building fund from the Dillon’s checks. He is asking to put all wants aside and keep the budget for essentials only. Currently home and school has been giving 50%. Father Wayne reminded us that God has gifted our parish through merchants of scrip and we should be taking advantage of the income potential while it is available. He thanked everyone for their considerations and left the meeting and discussions began.
Voting took place by those present. By majority vote, it was decided that 75% of Dillon’s income will go to the building fund beginning with the next check.
Next home and school meeting is January 11, 2011.