We are caretakers of all God has entrusted to our care.
Supporting Scripture: "We are put in charge of God's Creation “to cultivate and care for it" (Gn 2:15)
Support from the Bishops' Pastoral Letter: “Realizing that everything in my life is a gift from God: My abilities, my loved ones, my health – even life itself.”
(Bishop Harrington's Pastoral letter, Diocese in Winona, Minn.)
- We receive God's gifts gratefully.*
- We care for God's gifts responsibly.*
- We share God's gifts joyfully in justice and love for others.*
- We return God's gifts with increase to the Lord.*
- We lead first by example, take initiative and are accountable.
- We show compassion and respect for each other and appreciate all of creation.
*taken from Stewardship: A Disciple's Response, Pastoral Letter on Stewardship